[SWLUG] .tar.gz file

Hen Glowr henglowr at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 22 15:30:17 UTC 2009

Hello everyone!

I want to try and learn all i can about Java. So, i wanted a GUI called Eclipse. Now the version of Eclipse in Synaptic is 3.2 and is out of date. So i went to Eclipse.org/ and downloaded: eclipse-java-galileo-linux.gtk.tar.gz to my desktop.

Now i have managed to extract a folder/directory called 'Eclipse' to my desktop. But i don't have a clue where to go from here. Is there anyone out there willing to help me getting the program up and running please.

Someone who could explain tome in the easiest possible terms how to install the program would be great!  Any and all help is really appreciated