[SWLUG] Thanx

Michael Johnson michael.555 at programmer.net
Mon Jul 27 22:24:28 UTC 2009

Computer literate = able to point and click the right icons

Thanks for the welcome. I am actually planning on attending the next Cardiff meetup, and hoping

there won't be the same problems Dominic had. I'll be the one with the nose stud/ring, so I should
stand out even if it's busy that night. Just shout any four letter word to get my attention.
Always works.

Actually I'm also a bit puzzled about why ICT courses are always based around Windows. Even at
uni the sysadmin stuff was Windows-based and UNIX/Linux was rarely mentioned. I could never
understand why, considering the majority of web servers run some variant of UNIX. Does anyone
actually use Windows Server?

http://my.opera.com/michael555

--
How Strong is Your Score?