[SWLUG] Fedora 11 es1371 borked sound

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 22:43:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 22:36, Chris Jackson<chriscf at gmail.com> wrote:

>> install a better distro.  sorry, i know it's an awful joke, but i
>> couldn't resist ;-)
>
> You forgot to include the definition of a "better distro", namely
> "anything other than what you're already using".

Well, if it was RPM-based, it would be a variation of CentOS since i
got bitten by a bug in Fedora years ago and won't forgive it.
Anyway,...

I use:

Work: CentOS (desktop, servers, cluster), OSX (with X and macports) on
laptop, Ubuntu & SuSE for other equipment.

Home: Debian, Ubuntu, OSX (with X and macports).

Along with OSX, would also add FreeBSD as a desktop that I enjoyed
using more than Fedora (ports).

i'm inclined to prefer apt over yum for package management. Even the
iPhone/touch uses the apt package management on jailbroken models.

Ubuntu has just seemed to be ahead of Fedora in terms of usability for
years and seems to have less hassles with hardware (without it being
user error).

About to tinker with some ARM-based distro shortly, but for hobbyist stuff.

Answer your questions?