[SWLUG] Cardiff meetup - a success?

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Thu Mar 5 21:15:34 UTC 2009

Well I enjoyed the meeting so yeah, it was pretty successful all in.

The meeting report is up on the website, I did muck that up a bit so
there were two there for a while.  Anyway the link is here:

http://swlug.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=110&Itemid=2

Paul - Sorry to make you use this old fashioned mailing list.  Thanks
for the offer of a ColdFusion talk.

Toby - I'm willing to try a quick talk at the start of the meeting.
Want to start us off next month?

Vladimir - The lightning talks aren't that quick when I run them, if
you've got a 20 minute talk, just let me know and I'll let you run on.
It'd be great to hear about more about Drupal.

Justin - Yes you are right, I am organising something as we speak.  I've
got over the funding issue by using a cheap venue and my back pocket.

Dates for Swansea technical meeting are either 1900-2200 mid-week or
1800-2200ish on a Sunday.  I'm going to arrange this for the first
week(end) of April, as it's all pretty ready to roll.  Once that's
sorted I'm going to put a schedule together for the rest of the year and
try and get it publicised better.  Please note that the Swansea meeting
is for the _*WHOLE*_ LUG and not just Swansea.  Its only going to be
every few months, so it would be nice to see all the LUG coming along to
it.  Also anyone got a portable projector?

What do people prefer?

Mid Week or Weekend for a 3-4 hour technical meeting with talks,
keysigning, demos, LAN gaming, troubleshooting, chats etc etc

Cardiff Lightining Talks are a bit harder as I'm not really close to
getting a venue sorted so I'm going to push that back to about May time.
  Hopefully I'll have found a venue by then.

If anyone knows of a good venue in Cardiff, wants to help organise
stuff, wants to do a talk, has a projector I can borrow for the talk or
anything else, please contact me on or off list.

Cheers,

Matt