[SWLUG] Lightning Talks Venue

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Wed Mar 11 18:19:10 UTC 2009

David Scourfield wrote:
> Emyr,
>
> Yes this would probably be helpful.  In the last meeting it was
> mentioned that we'd ideally have a venue for the talks from 7-10pm, so
> that is what I've asked Dr W for.
>
> Dai
>

> On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 13:44 +0000, Emyr Derfel wrote:
>> As a current student, is it worth me contacting Dr Whittaker too?
>>
>> Also, although wednesdays have great room availability, a lot of student sports clubs and societies have their main activities on wednesdays, plus most of Cardiff's nightclubs have big student-finances-friendly promotions on wednesdays...
>>
>> Emyr
>>
>> www.emyrderfel.co.uk
>> Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

Thanks for doing this guys, it's much appreciated.  Let me know on or
off list how you get on.  Really I'd be happy for anytime outside of 9-5
as most of the list have jobs, so we need to stick to evenings/weekends.

Personally I don't mind having students there, hopefully the other
talkers will be willing to rise to the challenge.  Tho in my personal
experience of students coming to talks, it's pretty rare.  :)

Cheers,

Matt