[SWLUG] printer power supply needed

swlug swlug at alicious.com
Mon May 11 09:38:25 UTC 2009

Hey all,

My Dad has passed me on a printer but the power adapter/supply has gone
awry.

It's a HP Officejet 4300 all-in-one. The manual says it needs to supply:

"System DC input (max): 15Vdc or 16Vdc at 400mA, 32Vdc at 500mA"

but that the adaptor shipped
<http://h30125.www3.hp.com/csnOther/SPICatalog/photos/0957-2119.jpg>
might provide more power. The HP site appears to say 600mA and the
printer itself suggests it would be 15V|16V @ 530mA or 32V @ 560mA. It's
a weird linear connector (image
<http://h30125.www3.hp.com/csnOther/SPICatalog/photos/0957-2119.jpg>).

It looks like a HP replacement is going to set me back about £25 +
postage. I've had a look at Maplins, they have an unregulated supply at
15V/400mA <http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=13453> but I'm
guessing I need a regulated supply(?) and I definitely need the right
connector (though I might hack it if needed). If anyone has a suitable
HP supply I could have or knows a good place to get a compatible one I'd
appreciate it, it'll have to be cheap though!

Cheers

pbhj