[SWLUG] website upgrade

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Fri May 29 13:15:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 13:31 +0100, Chris Jackson wrote:
> 2009/5/29 Paul Connell <swlug at paulconnell.fastmail.fm>:
> > I think we would benefit from a good quality forum - mailing lists fail
> > at threading (well, most do) - and IRC is too transitory.  A good forum
> > would fit well between the two extremes (IMHO).
> >

> I suspect that someone has probably written a module for Drupal which
> will act as a mailing list gateway.
there are some mailman tools for drupal certainly.

http://drupal.org/project/mailman_manager

which should make the integration a bit nicer.

>  Failing that, it's worth looking
> into Nabble <http://www.nabble.org/>.
this has been mentioned before, i did look at it, but there was some
fundamental issue with it, but i cant remeber what and i cant seem to
get to the site,.

> +1 for Drupal, it seems to work nicely, and to me feels less
> cumbersome to use than Mambo.

a quick fiddle with the demo site seems to back this up, it certainly
looks a lot cleaner and easier to find things.