[SWLUG] Using Knoppix for data extraction

Paul Connell swlug at paulconnell.fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 28 18:55:26 UTC 2009

Depending on what the screen is telling you it could be one of several
windows-type problems.  I recently had a machine continually blue-screen
and reboot, it was a registry corruption.  Using something like ultimate
boot disk and a registry editor I managed to find and repair the problem
(I think I used Bart's PE).

I know we are all looking to get a new Linux install onto a PC, but
sometimes it's just okay to try to fix it first?

Just a thought.