[SWLUG] difference between .04 and .10 of ubuntu

Write Me stephanos at writeme.com
Sat Apr 17 15:56:35 UTC 2010

Dear All

I have recently moved to Kubuntu 9.10 from Kubuntu 9.04.

Some very simple things do not work as well.  9.10 is using OO 3.1 but
the display in the status bar does not show all the info it should, such
as the page number and total number of pages.

There are other things as well.  I have never really understood beta
versions either.  At the moment I am thinking of going back to 9.04.

I thought I would ask if there is an intended difference between these
two version each time they are released.  Perhaps .10 is some kind of
test and things are ironed out by the next .04?  Or is each new version
intended to be an improvement on the last?

The occurrence of simple things no longer working is too reminiscent of
Windows and I hope it is just my understanding that needs to be improved.

Any information appreciated

Stephen