[SWLUG] Hotspot availability

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Aug 16 12:25:59 UTC 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Justin Mitchell wrote:

> the Three voice payg sim seems a better deal, 150Mb of data free (valid
> for 90 days) with every top up, then £5 buys you 1Gb for 30 days.

s/1GB/2GB/

This is what I use, but a word of warning - this "mobile internet" package
is obviously intended for surfing the web on your phone rather than
teathering a computer to it.  They do a (more expensive) "mobile
broadband" package intended for connecting computers to the internet.
However, there is nothing in the T&Cs saying that you can't use the
"mobile internet" in this way and the marketting-speak on their website is
so vague and fuzzy that you could happilly interpret it any way you want.
There seems to be no restriction (such as a firewall) preventing you from
using it any way you like anyway.

--

  - Steve