[SWLUG] Breadboarding Linux systems?

Philip Downer phil at pjd.me.uk
Fri Jan 1 14:51:16 UTC 2010

I know a few folks have already mentioned things like gumstix and the
NSLU2 but to my mind the gumstix is a bit expensive for small hobby
projects and I'm not sure how much the NSLU2 costs, but for a really
cheap solution that will run Linux you might want to take a look at the
old Edimax router board as now sold by Omnima in the UK.

http://www.omnima.co.uk/store/catalog/Embedded-controller-p-16140.html

For less than 25 quid it's a nice solution, ok so you need to buy the
extras like the reprogramming cable, case and psu but I think when I
bought mine (it was slightly cheaper over a year ago) I got everything
for under 30 quid.

Phil