[SWLUG] Anyone going tonight?

Chris King swlug at csking.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 14:19:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, January 6, 2010 13:55, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> Useful link:
> http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/today.html
>
> It's currently being very slow to load. Not a good sign! I asked
> the search box at the top about trains from Swansea to Cardiff,
> and it's already flagging the trains that will (should) arrive
> in Cardiff at 1822 and 1922 as affected by the weather.

The slowness doesn't surprise me at all, lots of folks who got in to work
will be checking to see when they need to leave for home.

> Oh, and First Great Western have discovered Twitter as an update
> mechanism:
>
> http://twitter.com/NRE_FirstGW

National Rail Enquiries set that up, as they've done them for other
operators including Arriva:

http://twitter.com/NRE_ArrivaWales

Cardiff Bus also joined the Twitter crowd today:

http://twitter.com/Cardiffbus

> I had hoped to get to a few over the holidays, but I don't think it
> will be tonight! See you all another time.

I suspect that the Central Bar may be short on staff anyway, so food might
take a while to turn up - if they're serving at all :-(

Chris

--
Chris King
http://www.csking.co.uk/