[SWLUG] Resetting root password

Kris Zani kriszani at iscavision.com
Fri Jan 15 12:53:59 UTC 2010

use e to edit the boot loader section
then goto the kernel line and press e again to edit the line
add single to the end of the line

press enter to accept the edit

press b to boot

if you've forgotten your username then
cat /etc/passwd

then you should just be able to do
passwd USERNAME

remember there is no root account enabled by default in ubuntu so the
password you are talking about is probably your main user account

apologies if i've given too much info

Kris