[SWLUG] Hackerspace in South Wales

lists at truthisfreedom.org.uk lists at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Wed Jan 27 15:43:37 UTC 2010

Quoting Neil Jones <neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk>:
> It would be useful if you actually described what you are setting up.

A fair comment and I'll do my best.

At the moment this is based on the fact that I enjoy working with
computers and I like the idea of knowing what I'm talking about with
electronics (I can't afford the arduino workshop otherwise I'd be
there in a flash!).

HackerSpaces appeal to me because it appears to be an ideal place to
swap knowledge about different topics from Computing through to
electronics and on to things such as visual art and home-brew musical
instruments.

Initially, I'm looking for other people who are happy to work with me
to decide on what we need, where we'll do this and how it will work,
after that, I'm looking for people to help continue to shape this
"thing" into an object of hackery.

So in summary, it's all very vague but I hope good things will come of it.

> Sounds interesting but it is too far east in Wales for me really.

Fair enough, one of the reasons I've not been able to make a LUG meet
(despite the fact I've been lurking here fore about a year!) is
because even Cardiff is a bit of a hassle for me owing to work
commitments and children etc.

I'm also hoping that there may be some form of "online community"
around this project as it grows, and anyone will be able to take part
in that as well!

Kind regards,

Matt