[SWLUG] can't book after upgrading to Ubuntu 10.4...

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 12:25:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 12:51, Dick Bain <dick.bain at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have yet to upgrade from Jaunty(9.04) as both the newer versions
> seem to have problems especially using grub2. I am seriously trying
> different distros!

yeah, it's not without it's problems even with fresh installs.  the
bizarre thing i've found is that hardware that previously worked
doesn't without a hack or two.

noticed problems with wifi, dns, grub (although i think other distros
are doing slightly annoying things with grub too e.g. fedora),
graphics, etc.

hey ho.most of it is working again -- i just dislike having to fix
things that previously worked out of the box.