[SWLUG] Dell disappointment & no networking!

Mark Summerfield list at qtrac.plus.com
Thu Jun 10 13:16:36 UTC 2010

Hi,

I bought a Dell Latitude 2110 netbook (ordered 1st June, arrived today)
with Ubuntu 9.10.

The machine was delivered with no OS at all and when I contacted Dell
they said they had stopped supplying Ubuntu with this machine... I am
sending in a written complaint of course, but meanwhile I'd like to see
if it is possible to get the machine to work.

I've installed Ubuntu desktop 10.04 from a USB stick. But the most
important thing that isn't working is networking---not even from a wired
connection:-(

I have absolutely no idea even where to start with this... any
suggestions welcome:-)

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy