[SWLUG] Why I won't buy from Dell again...

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Wed Jun 23 09:19:23 UTC 2010

From: Dick Bain <dick.bain at gmail.com>

From: Lisi <lisi.reisz at gmail.com>

From: David Scourfield <david.scourfield at llynfi.co.uk>
> > Any other suggestions?
>
> If you have the time (and patience!) you could do what I am currently
> doing: build one yourself.  I'm currently awaiting delivery of several
> components to assemble into a rather powerful machine.  I'm intending to
> install Ubuntu, which I hope will work out of the box.  Fun times!
>
> Dai

Dick, Lisi, which particular Acer Aspire One models did you buy---there
seem to be a lot of different ones!

Dai, I'd consider building a desktop machine (although I've written to
dnuk for a quote), but for a netbook I just want the least possible
hassle.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy