[SWLUG] Why I won't buy from Dell again...

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 10:02:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 10:46, David Scourfield
<david.scourfield at llynfi.co.uk> wrote:

>> Dai, I'd consider building a desktop machine (although I've written to
> Ah, netbook, fair enough.  I've got an ASUS Eee PC 1005, which, although

Umm, i have a 701, 901 and 1005PE (spot the asus fan). battery life is
rather nice.

> Incidentally, if anyone knows how to get the built-in mic to work on an
> Eee, I'd be very glad to hear from you!

sounds like a similar problem i had with the 1005PE.

here's some random google link that should have explanations...

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupport/Machines/Netbooks

it's 2 channels and you have to either disable one or the other. i
think those notes suggest to *not* do something so drastic
(percentages instead), but that's the fix. skype will work fine then.

everything is fine and dandy on all of them.

cheers.