[SWLUG] Why I won't buy from Dell again...

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Sat Jun 26 05:56:40 UTC 2010

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=consumer+credit+act&aq=f&a
> qi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
>
> You will keep us informed, won't you?

Hi Lisi,

Yes, I will keep you informed!

Today I'll be sending a "signed for" letter to the credit card company
requesting them to reimburse the money and pointing out that they are
still liable even though I haven't returned the goods since the seller
refuses to accept the return.

I still haven't heard from Dell in response to my third request for
return & refund---and because you have to do this via an online form
there is no record of it:-(

I've also emailed Michael at dell.com -- you never know;-}

And I've emailed my local trading standards (Neath Port Talbot despite
the fact that I live in the Swansea Valley), so I'll hopefully hear from
them next week.

I'll phone the credit card company a couple of days after the letter
arrives to see what their response is.

Thanks!

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy

                I ordered a Dell netbook with Ubuntu...
       I got no OS, no apology, no solution, & no refund (so far)
               http://www.qtrac.eu/dont-buy-dell.html