[SWLUG] Why I won't buy from Dell again... update

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Mon Jun 28 14:48:12 UTC 2010

Hi,

Just to let you know that Dell's management has realised there's a
problem and their "Customer Escalation Team" (I didn't make that up!)
are going to look into it and "update" me in a few days.

And the credit card company received my letter today (I really like
online tracking:-)

So, should have some kind of news by the end of the week...

Also, I just noticed that Dell are _still_ advertising the machine
with Ubuntu preinstalled:
http://www1.euro.dell.com/uk/en/business/4x_latit_2100/fs.aspx?refid=4x_latit_2100&s=bsd&cs=ukbsdt1

I got there by going to: http://www.dell.co.uk/
Then I clicked "For Small and Medium Business", then clicked "Laptops
and Netbooks". Then I clicked (near the top left) "Laptops and Netbooks"
and in the list I clicked "Latitude 2110". Then I scrolled down the new
page that appeared and clicked the "Select" button. Now you get to a
page that lists four models, two of which are said to come with the
Ubuntu Operating System, although sadly we know better:-(

Once again, thanks for all the help & advice---it seems to be paying
off:-)

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy

                I ordered a Dell netbook with Ubuntu...
       I got no OS, no apology, no solution, & no refund (so far)
               http://www.qtrac.eu/dont-buy-dell.html