[SWLUG] Why I won't buy from Dell again... RESOLVED

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Wed Jun 30 11:15:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

Just to let you know that Dell have agreed to collect the machine and
refund my money.

It appears that they made a mistake processing the order and omitted the
OS and have now apologized. No explanation for the appalling customer
service has been given.

I am very relieved that an end is in sight.

I am very grateful to members of this list for useful advice and for
moral support: Thank You!

The whole story is here: http://www.qtrac.eu/dont-buy-dell.html

------------------------------
Now of course I want to buy a new netbook (& desktop) so if anyone has
machines they can recommend that work with Ubuntu "out of the box"
please let me know the _exact_ model name/number (as Lisi has done). And
no Dell machines please;-}

For the desktop I've been looking at the HP Elite 7100... but have so
far received no reply to my email to HP asking about Linux
compatibility.

Thanks!
--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy