[SWLUG] Meeting/Cyfarfod << Caerfyrddin / Carmarthen >> this Tuesday / nos Fawrth yma

Daniel Morris danielm at iee.org
Thu May 13 08:04:51 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 08:25:13AM +0100, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> Ar Iau, Mai 13 2010, 08:16:03 +0100, ysgrifennodd gedge-lists-swlug at yadn.org:
> >
> > Bydd y cyfarfod nesa SWLUG yng Nghaerfyrddin
> > yn dechrau tua 7yh nos Fawrth (18/Mai/2010)
>
> How long do people tend to stay at the meetings these days?

It's variable, but usually well gone ten. Last month there was a bit of
show stopper, when someone took his penguin home after a phone call from
a lady to say he'd completely eradicated two weeks worth of her email.
To protect the guilty that man shall remain nameless, but I'm expecting
a report on what mozbackup really does & doesn't store by default at
this month's meeting.

(I shouldn't mock, I once un'tarred a backup tape from root and mostly
wiped out Solaris 2.4's configurations on the primary server. I was
comforted at the time by one of my Japanese bosses in that at least no
user data was harmed, who then helped me for the next couple of hours
to rebuild it).

> I am going to the theatre in Carmarthen that night

How very cultured. My bank statement also shows that the new Denebhams
is open too, in case anyone needs to tempt a spouse into car
sharing/authorising an evening pass etc. ;-)

 Daniel