[SWLUG] any recommendations: for ubuntu-friendly "ultra" portable laptops?

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Fri May 28 09:56:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

I want to get a laptop that's bigger & better than a netbook, but still
pretty small.

I want one that will run Ubuntu out of the box, with an 11", 11.6", or
12" screen & with a good battery life. I can live without a CD if I can
install Ubuntu from a memory stick & want to be able to dual boot for
when I have to use Windows.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy