[SWLUG] System build script

Terry John terry.john at bbc.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 17:01:20 UTC 2010

>> I'd like to see what it looks like to make sure I don't leave out
>> anything relevant in my own script.

>when you do an install manually it writes a kickstart file of the
>options you chose as /root/anaconda-ks.cfg
>
>there is also a kickstart configurator program to help you develop your
>own ones
>
>http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Installation_Guide-en-US/ch-redhat-co
nfig-kickstart.html

>alas its not big on conditionals,  you can do that in the free form
>scripting %post section, but things can get messy really quickly.

Thanks. I knew about anaconda-ks.cfg but forgot what it was called :-).
It seems a lot simpler than I was looking for as it contains my choices
already embedded. It may suffice for what I want. For my own curiosity
I'd like to know how the inital build is done.

I'll certainly look at the KickStart Configurator

Cheers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/