[SWLUG] Kindle Warning?

Chris King swlug at csking.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 15:21:18 UTC 2010

On Tue, November 16, 2010 11:58, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> To be honest, I'd classify "non-commercial" in this sense to be an
> agreement that you won't sell your kindle with all the books on it to
> someone else and make a profit, not "you can't use what you have read to
> make money".
>
> But then again, I'm not a lawyer.... ;)

I'd agree with this interpretation - they don't want people selling on (or
loaning out) Kindles full of e-books to make a profit, that would imply a
transfer of ownership which would deny them sales of more Kindles and
associated books.

They've been pretty inconsistent with their EULAs since launch, and I
suspect that they'd be difficult (or even impossible) to enforce.

Chris King
http://www.csking.co.uk/