[SWLUG] Mobile internet & printers - need hardware recommendations

matt at matthewmoore.org.uk matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Fri Nov 19 08:53:42 UTC 2010

<AANLkTingJdvDiJLrvPxQcTimc3JH0hWABKvxqhwcb4cC at mail.gmail.com>
<AANLkTim6+mXaDoHhei7r+CS7znWX1H=aY14e-v26Zudj at mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTikm7LzbN_Cn5AzoTG9eb86bu3j8t8GGnjRJGBXp at mail.gmail.com>

Hi all,

Looking for recommendations for two things:

1 - Mobile Internet Dongles - Can anyone recommend a dongle and supplier
that works ok with the latest Ubuntu?  If not anyone ever had much luck
with tethering Android phones?  (I have a HTC Hero)

2 - Multi-function printers.  I'm looking for something with a scanner,
printer and ideally a photo printer as well.  A network connection is a
must as well.  I always find printers under linux to be a hit and miss
affair, even these days.  So if anyone has any suggestions, please let me
know.  The print volume will be low.  Don't mind if it's a laser or an
inkjet.  Would be nice if it was small, don't have the space for a massive
colour laser anymore and don't print enough to warrant it.

Thanks in advance.

Matt