[SWLUG] SVN Setup

Jon Reynolds maillist at jcrdevelopments.com
Wed Sep 15 11:13:19 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:36:02AM +0100, Steve Hill wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Jon Reynolds wrote:
>
> >    jonr at jcrdevelopments:~$ svn co file:///home/jonr/testrepo/<tab><tab>
> >    README.txt  conf/       dav/        db/         format      hooks/
> >    locks/
> >
> > As you can see when I try to check out trunk by tabbing after the name
> > of the top level of the repo (testrepo) I just get shown the svn
> > generated files and dirs.
>
> Tab-completion is a shell thing and isn't going to work since the shell
> doesn't understand the Subversion repository database.  Type the path in
> in full.
>
> --
>
>   - Steve
>     xmpp:steve at nexusuk.org   sip:steve at nexusuk.org   http://www.nexusuk.org/
>
>       Servatis a periculum, servatis a maleficum - Whisper, Evanescence

Thanks for the replies all,

I have it working now! the bizarre thing is I am sure I already tried
just entering the full path manually before without success but today it
wants to work.

So I just enter:
    svn co file:///home/jonr/svn/repos/myproject/trunk wiptrunk

and it works.

What are the problems with using the file:/// approach? tbh I mostly
only ever work on it ssh'd into the server itself. If I want to work on
it on a local machine I use the svn+ssh protocol without problems.

Thanks again

Jon Reynolds
(j0nr)