[SWLUG] Web Based SVN Interface

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Fri Apr 1 09:55:46 UTC 2011

On Fri Apr  1 10:40:04 2011, Jon Reynolds wrote:
>  It is the uploading via a browser bit I am interested in. I have
> WebSVN
>  working, but this is read only.

Oddly enough, SVN started off life as a DeltaV server, so assuming
that capability is still present, then it's standard WebDAV with
DeltaV extensions to upload.

The last time I was peripherally involved with SVN - and this was
years ago - there was work to enabled "lightweight" version control
using straight WebDAV. (It means each upload of each file becomes a
commit in its own right, but still).

So there's really no need to a special interface, if it's done right.
Windows, I think, should be able to do this as a mounted drive, let
alone a browser thing.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/