[SWLUG] Archos 101, 16GB .. opinions?

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Mon Aug 1 12:52:12 UTC 2011

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 12:23:24 +0100, swlug <swlug at alicious.com> wrote:

> I just thought that the LUG was the only group that I know where people
> could give a good review and might have such a gadget and possibly have
> got some linux running on it. Apologies if you think this is off-beam.

Nothing in that kind of price range springs to mind.  A couple of the
Archos reviews that I'd read seem to paint it in a good light.  This months
PC Pro has a big tablet round up, might be worth a look.  I've got a copy
at home, I'll check tomorrow night if I remember.

> The sender is "swlug" because I use that as my email address for the
> list, historically I used it for filtering purposes. That's a shortfall
> of mailman I guess.

Sounds odd that you couldn't at least set it up to display as 'Your Name -
swlug' or similar?  Never used mailman however.

> On 01/08/11 07:52, ilyan wrote:
>> have we been advertising hacked?

Nope, surely you recognise Mr Alicious.com as he posts on the list often
enough?

Cheers,

Matt