[SWLUG] Linux mobile broadband advice please

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Mon Aug 1 15:10:12 UTC 2011

Thanks for the comments so far.

Plus.net are still saying 48-72 hrs before it'll be looked into. (They
said the same last Thu and Fri, and now today:-(

I don't have a 3G phone. I use Debian (although I do have Ubuntu on a
netbook). I'm no sysadmin so I really want an out of the box solution
if poss.

Just saw the reply about using the WiFi thing - that sounds good; I
assume I could get a card for my PC to make my desktop PC able to
access it? Or could my router use it? Ah, academic I tried their post
code thing and my area isn't covered for mobile broadband.

Anyway, thanks for the info/ideas.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu