[SWLUG] Linux mobile broadband advice please

Neil Greenwood neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 20:04:12 UTC 2011

On Dydd Llun 01 mis Awst 2011 16:28:34 BST, Colin Law wrote:
> On 1 August 2011 16:10, Mark Summerfield<mark at qtrac.eu>  wrote:
>> Thanks for the comments so far.
>>
>> Plus.net are still saying 48-72 hrs before it'll be looked into. (They
>> said the same last Thu and Fri, and now today:-(
>
> Do you have a friendly neighbour with internet connection (that is
> still working)?  If so then you could possibly connect to his wifi (if
> you and he have wifi capability), or get a long ethernet cable and run
> it across the garden into his router.  Then when his connection is
> down you can return the favour.
>
> Colin

Running a cable is a bad idea if there's a thunderstorm! So don't do it
on a long-term basis.

Plus.net have a backup dial-up number if you have an old modem. I saw
the number a few days ago; if you can't find it, I can take another
look. I think it's on the My Account pages in their 'portal'.

Cofion,
Neil