[SWLUG] Mobile broadband - can I make one machine feed the others?

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Wed Aug 3 16:11:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

I bought a Vodafone K3570-Z mobile broadband dongle. It doesn't work
on my Acer One netbook (tried Windows 7 & Ubuntu 10.10). Nor on my
desktop (Debian 6). But it does work on my MacBook (OS X 10.5.8).

Is it possible to make the MacBook act as a sort of internet server
(e.g., for my desktop machine) either via my existing router or using
something else? And if so, how?

Also, for Ubuntu & Debian you have to fill in lots more information
than on Mac & Windows, so maybe I put some in that was wrong or didn't
put in enough. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu