[SWLUG] Mobile broadband - can I make one machine feed the others?

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 11:36:24 UTC 2011

On 4 August 2011 11:15, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 18:49 +0100, Tony Pursell wrote:
> > Hi Mark
> >
> > I don't know about using your MacBook as an Internet server, but I
> > have a Vodafone K3565 and it works a treat in Ubuntu 11.04 and worked
> > just as well with 10.10. It is a TopUp and Go device.  Is your K3570-Z
> > a Huawei device?  They all seem to work well in Linux.  But you do
> > need the correct connection information in Network Connections.
> >
> Hi Tony
> When you select your network from the list, you do need to select the
> correct plan, otherwise you could be charged at the wrong rate. Most of
> my experience is with T-Mobile, where there is only one choice.
>
> Phil

Plan is TopUp and Go.  Its pre-paid at £15 per 1GB.  I will have to top up
when it runs out.  Advantage of this particular plan is that you can take a
long as you like to use up the data allowance, provided you make use of it
at least once every 180 days.  I don't think you can get this plan now but I
managed to find old stock in a Tesco store.  It is probably the phone number
that actually identifies the precise terms of the plan.

Tony