[SWLUG] robot suggestions

Emyr Derfel emyr42 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:18:39 UTC 2011

I've seen some robot kits based on the Arduino board. The Amtel ATMega/AVR
chip is quite easy to work with. The language is basically C with some
useful libraries for doing useful stuff like LCD output, serial input...

The Arduino editor is based on Processing and is reasonably useful.

Most of it is in the Ubuntu remos, YMMV.