[SWLUG] Anything one can do if one's (non-political, non-scary) website is banned in China?

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Wed Feb 16 08:16:34 UTC 2011

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:57:05 +0000
Philip Barnes <phil at trig222.f9.co.uk> wrote:
> As a matter of interest, how do you know its banned?
>
> I also have an F9/plusnet website, but wouldn't have a clue how to
> find out if it works in China.
>
> Phil

I don't have any definitive proof.

But I do get emails from readers in China saying my site is "down".
Every time I check and it isn't down at all.

Fortunately a friend has a server with spare capacity so I'm going to
try migrating to that and then I'll write to the people who've contacted
me from China to see if they can reach it.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy