[SWLUG] Cardiff Meeting Wed 6th July

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Fri Jul 8 14:27:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 14:12 +0100, Neil Jones wrote:
> On 05/07/2011 15:49, Justin Mitchell wrote:
> > Well, i don't know what the current state of Cardiff meetings is but i
> > will be there tomorrow night from about 6:30.
> >
> > as usual i shall sit at one of the tables in the middle of the upstairs
> > room, and have a SWLUG sign on the table so you can identify me.
> >
> > If you spot me come up and say hi, i am terrible at spotting faces in
> > the crowd so dont be surprised if i walk straight past anyone :)
> >

> Did you go? Did anyone else turn up?
>
> I went to one a while ago. I sat in the corner by the "lonely fire exit"
> with a computer in front of me. I saw nobody. I was very visible.
>
> I couldn't make that one. I should  be available for the next one.

Yes, sorry, should have said.

At the peak there were four of us, me, richard (who i had arranged to
meet there), plus two others, but i am terrible with names so i cant
tell you who they were, just they were both from cwmbran. one of them
was a first timer.

I think having the little 'swlug' menu card thing helped a little in
locating us.

Discussions about, whats happening with CentOS-6 and alternatives,
favourite distros, state of computing in education, cant remember much
else.

I cant always go, and interest seems to have fallen off somewhat, i
suppose we should leave it a while longer and if things dont pick up
think about removing the venue from the list.