[SWLUG] Linux mobile broadband advice please

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Sat Jul 30 10:55:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

My broadband connection has been down since Thursday. Plus.net have
said it is a problem at the local exchange and that an engineer will
go there on Monday, so maybe I'll be reconnected next week!

But I want to have a backup connection option. Mobile broadband for
Windows & Mac is no use to me since I use Linux & so all my
hg/git/VPN/etc using Linux.

I've heard that Vodafone have devices that will work.

Can anyone suggest or advise on this?

Thanks!

PS Thank goodness I still have libraries in my area for internet access.

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd., www.qtrac.eu