[SWLUG] multimonitor esp. wr kde4

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 11:26:35 UTC 2012

hi folks, i've been trying to get multi monitor going under kde4 and i must
say i'm very disappointed. i was wondering what experience others have under
other desktop environments.
my experience of kde4.8.2 - mageia2, is that using both monitors as one
desktop means that 'save session' just doesn't work with the other problem of
full screen games filling one monitor (what is wanted) but blanking the the
other one (not wanted), and two seperate xscreens gives me a better save
session ability, some programs still starting in wrong screen, but the
secondary screen has no recognition of global shortcuts at all, plus of course
certain kde apps - konsole for example - will only open on the screen where
they have already been opened. in an ideal world i'd prefer the two x screens
approach so that changing workspace on one screen didn't change the workspace
on the other.
so experience do others have with multimonitor setups, is linux behind in this
regard, am i suffering from something peculiar to me maybe?

bascule
--
The maze was so small that people got lost looking *for* it.
        -- Bloody Stupid Johnson at his finest