[SWLUG] Printer/Copier

(s) Sally Cook Sally.Cook at students.newport.ac.uk
Thu Jun 21 15:03:56 UTC 2012

Brother!! They have a range of Linux drivers. :)
I'd never considered Brother - but now wouldn't use anyone else.  The cartridges are dirt cheap on Amazon... £1 or less a cartridge and faultless performance from refills. :)

Range of Linux Printer Drivers - best to consider one with specific drivers (which looks like all brother printers).
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_prn.html

Linux Solutions
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/index.html

The dcp7 range is the cheapie range for all in one wireless.  Pretty stable wifi connection - but I prefer Ethernet for higher speeds.  This is the range that I'm using.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-DCP-J725DW-Colour-Inkjet-Printer/dp/B005G3WDVA/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1340290502&sr=1-3

MFC is more expensive - you can buy me of these for the recommendation  :)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-MFC-J615W-Multifunction-printing/dp/B0041X9NQE/ref=sr_1_18?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1340290502&sr=1-18

Hope that helps you. :)