[SWLUG] SWLUG (Cardiff) or Unified Diff - This Evening.

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Mon Mar 5 14:29:50 UTC 2012

On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 11:31:06 +0000, Neil Jones <neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk>
wrote:
> On 05/03/2012 11:18, Gerald Davies wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Apologies for the email, but what are the plans for Cardiff's LUG meet
>> this evening and/or future dates?
>>
>> I am asking because it clashes with: http://unifieddiff.co.uk
>>
>> I am more than happy to attend unifieddiff (turnout was excellent),
>> but also appreciate that people may still want Cardiff's LUG to still
>> exist.  Perhaps we should look at shifting the dates or something (?).
>>   We could still have a meet within a meet, if that's possible :-)
>>
>> Anyway, thoughts / comments much appreciated.  Also, anyone else going
>> tonight?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Gerald
> It is WEDNESDAY night!
> Wednesdays are awkward for me. I can only attend a few times a year. I'd

> definitely be more of a regular if there were LUG meetings on a
> different night.

To be honest, in the Spring/Summer/Autumn months, Wednesday isn't a great
night for me as it clashes with my climbing.  So I wouldn't mind it moving,
to say Tuesday?

As I've already stated on IRC I feel quite strongly that the LUG should
aim to be separate from other nights such as u.diff (don't mind it as a one
off, but they don't seem to mind deliberately scheduling a meeting that
clashes, which is annoying).  However I'm aware that LUG nights aren't
exactly that well attended, so if people want to keep LUG nights the same
as u.diff, then that's fine.

Cheers,

Matt