[SWLUG] Unified Diff

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Tue Mar 6 15:08:03 UTC 2012

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 04:23:42 -0800, Craig Marvelley
<Craig.Marvelley at boxuk.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I'm one of the organisers of Unified Diff - apologies for randomly
> dropping in the middle of a conversation, but someone mentioned this
> discussion to me with respect to the conflict of dates. Just wanted to
let
> you know that we didn't deliberately schedule UD to be on the same night
as
> SWLUG - we just plumped for the first Wednesday in the month as we
thought
> it would be easy for people to remember. We booked the venue for the
first
> few months in advance, but if you want to keep your meetings on the
first
> Wednesday we'd happily move ours in future. It goes against our aim to
> cause any dischord between groups, so apologies for that, and thanks for
> coming last time. Hope to see you again soon!
>
> Cheers,
> Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for coming on explaining and apologising.  I don't think that you
did it on purpose at all.  As we're a small niche group, who aren't exactly
good at publicity, I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't know we existed.

I think at the moment (while I don't fully agree with it) there is a
certain move towards a Tuesday Cardiff meeting.  Which would mean a nice
link with the Carmarthen group who also meet on Tuesdays.  We've got a
while to make a decision however, as we can't move tomorrow's meeting on
such short notice.  Also we tend to be pretty random/archaic in decision
making as there's no official leaders/organisers/committee in charge of the
LUG.

Cheers,

Matt