[SWLUG] Beware Bluetooth keyboards

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Sat Nov 10 15:00:43 UTC 2012

On 10.11.12 09:54, Neil Jones wrote:

> If anyone does know how to get one of these working then I would be
> grateful or if anyone knows of a model of bluetooth keyboard or similar
> that does work.

I thought recent Androids supported bluetooth keyboards and mice out of
the box?

> I have of course asked for a refund and I have told the seller that I
> don't expect to pay to return it because they2  are in contravention of the
> The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008. The seller
> has sold hundreds of these devices and I cannot believe that none of
> them were to
> android users who have discovered the same problem.

Beware that you have to file an ebay dispute within 45 days of the
transaction, so don't let the seller string you along for too long
before giving in and filing a dispute (there are similar limits on how
long ago a transaction can be for you to leave feedback too).

--

  - Steve