[SWLUG] Beware Bluetooth keyboards

Justin Mitchell justin at discordia.org.uk
Sat Nov 10 16:01:26 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-11-10 at 09:54 +0000, Neil Jones wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> This is for people with Android phones. I have just been duped into
> buying something which cannot work.
>
> My android phone is one of the smaller models. It is a bit difficult to
> type on it and a friend suggested that there are mini bluetooth
> keyboards available on Ebay..

Bluetooth keyboards are afair fully supported under Ice Cream Sandwich
and later.

Before that, some work, some need root, and some will not work at all as
the OEM is an idiot.

Tell us what your phone is, and which os revision its running and maybe
we can figure it out for you.  but if its something cheap and small then
its likey old and crippled.

Some helpful information here
http://en.androidwiki.com/wiki/Pairing_Android_with_Bluetooth_Keyboards