[SWLUG] Beware Bluetooth keyboards

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 12 08:56:19 UTC 2012

On 11/11/2012 21:30, Matthew Moore wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 16:01:26 +0000, Justin Mitchell
> <justin at discordia.org.uk> wrote:
>
> Tell us what your phone is, and which os revision its running and maybe
> we can figure it out for you.  but if its something cheap and small then
> its likey old and crippled.
> If it's the phone Neil had last time I saw him, it's pretty small and old.
> 2.1 or something like that.
>
> Matt
Matt is right the phone he saw me with the last time we met was running
2.1.
It was about 18 months old. It stopped working recently and was beyond
economic repair.
My "new" one is a Samsung running 2.2

I'd like to say thank you to Justin for the link. I have tried
everything simple there and it still doesn't work.

There is the possibility of rooting the phone but I'd rather not do that.
If I want a decent keyboard facility I think a proper larger pad is
going to be the answer at some point.
This just looked like a cheap possibility.

I rarely us the phone for typing anything long. It is just that I was
away for a few days recently and it would have been useful
Although I did have my eeepc with me and it will tether to the phone.

Neil