[SWLUG] MBR Recovery

Phillip Evans phillip at phillipevans.mail1.co.uk
Mon Jan 7 23:15:13 UTC 2013

I have a Lenovo laptop on which I have installed Ubuntu dual-booting
with Windows. No problems with this setup until I made a bootable USB
memory stick. This seemed to work fine until I realised that I could
only boot the laptop from the USB stick irrespective of the BIOS
settings for device boot order. The only version of grub which is
recognised is the one on the USB stick.

This is not a major problem in the short term but I would appreciate any
advice on how to restore boot priority to the hd without doing a full
re-install

Phillip Evans