[SWLUG] old vi editor o'reilly pocket reference to give away

John Riselvato jdriselvato at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 18:39:37 UTC 2013

In addition to what Gerald wrote, I love going into charity shops and
finding CS books for cheap. I recently found Beginning Perl for
Bioinformatics and C Programming (by Dennis Ritchie) for a total 10$. I am
starting to build up a pretty large programming library thanks for the
inexpensive prices at these places.
Though I hope you find an owner through the discussion, because it could
take months before the book lands itself in the store. That's if the store
even thinks its worthy for being sold.

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Gerald Davies <gerald.davies at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 28 January 2013 17:51, bascule <asura at theexcession.co.uk> wrote:
> > it's in good nick so who wants it?
> >

> Why not give it to a charity shop?
>
> I gave lots of my old Linux-related books to a few charity shops on
> Albany Road.  Hopefully people will have snapped them up and
> everyone's a winner.  I often do the same with clothes and audio CDs
> that I find I'm quite embarrassed (think Snow Patrol) to own :)

John

"Its the Othello of programming languages: a minute to learn, a lifetime to
master" - mwn3d (RosettaCode irc)