[SWLUG] Secure Boot

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Mar 18 16:26:12 UTC 2013

On 18 Mar 2013 15:35, "Peter Bradley" <p.bradley at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've recently been having an email correspondence about secure boot (and
more generally on the bundling of Windows on PCs) with Julie Morgan MP, who
happens to be my representative (i.e. nothing to do with party affiliation
or anything like that).  She's been quite helpful and has contacted the OFT
for me and sent me scans of their reply.

> I'm not sure I want to pursue this for much longer, as I don't want to
appear to her like a lone geek with a chip on his shoulder - whether or not
that is true.  However, if anyone else was interested in chipping in in
some way (perhaps with their own representative(s)), and if Julie Morgan
agreed, I'd be happy to make the email chain and OFT response available.
The correspondence is in Welsh, but I'd be happy to translate.

I'd be interested in seeing the correspondence and the translation,
certainly, though it's a subject I know very little about.