[Swlug] Fix Ubuntu

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 9 09:14:48 UTC 2013

On 8 November 2013 21:22, Toby Maxwell-Lyte <toby.maxwelllyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some of you might be interested in this.
>
> "If you're an Ubuntu user and you're using the default settings, each time
> you start typing in Dash (to open an application or search for a file on
> your computer), your search terms get sent to a variety of third parties,
> some of which advertise to you."

I am not commenting on whether the bit about advertising is true or
not, I don't know, but it might have been useful, rather than just
spreading fear, to tell us what to change to prevent the dash
searching on the internet:
System Settings > Security & Privacy > Search > set Include Online
Search Results to Off

Colin