[Swlug] Fix Ubuntu

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Sat Nov 9 10:43:23 UTC 2013

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 10:37:39 +0000, matt at monki.org.uk said:

> That Canonical tried to get the site shutdown shows their true colours -
> they are clearly out to monitise

Canonical are a commercial company: making money is their raison d'etre
(just like all other commercial companies). As a consumer, you have the
choice as to whether to use Canonical or not.

We (both my business and my family) use Debian exclusively. Debian is not
a commercial company, and thus their motivations and goals are different.
I don't think Debian is perfect but it's pretty close.
--
"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone
who will never be able to repay you."