[Swlug] HTML email moratorium

Mark Einon mark.einon at linux.com
Thu Nov 14 11:04:17 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 10:44:39AM +0000, Richard John wrote:
>    What's wrong with HTML emails?😍😄😃
>
>    On 14 November 2013 10:32, Gerald Davies <[1]gerald.davies at gmail.com>
>    wrote:
>
>      On 14 November 2013 10:24, Mark Einon <[2]mark.einon at linux.com> wrote:
>      >>
>      >> It could never be enforced, but if only people could see the emails.
>      >> I couldn't actually read the text at that time of night!
>      >
>      > Oh, what client are you using?
>      >

>      At that time of night - the gmail web interface.
>
>      The email contained: <small><br> around bits of it.
>
>      Mutt user of old and I'm sure that would have annoyed me too! ;)

I was going to mention, if you were using Mutt - I've installed elinks
and using the 'auto-view' setting, it displays html emais perfectly.

The only big practical issue with HTML emails that I'm aware of is that
it fsck's code patches sent inline.

Everything else appears to be fasist rhetoric :o)

And don't get me started on limiting line lengths to 72 chars...

Mark